We specialize in assisting utilities, generation owners and transmission providers by supplying the detailed studies required to complete their projects. Our expertise is in transmission and distribution, power electronics, HVDC and other fields is complemented by our software capabilities – particularly PSCAD/EMTDC, E-TRAN, and popular Loadflow/Transient Stability packages.
Our involvement with the wind industry, in conjunction with our understanding of conventional power systems have enabled us to assist in renewable energy projects around the world. Our special knowledge of PSCAD/EMTDC has enabled us to provide support for more challenging technical projects, such as the GPFC HVDC interconnection in Lamar, Colorado.
Take advantage of our extensive network of associates and partners, to get your studies completed in a competent and timely fashion.
We are your resource for PSCAD, Loadflow, Transient Stability and Short Circuit studies, including:
- Simulations and studies of complex systems involving power electronics, distributed generation and transmission, including the development of advanced simulation models such as FACTS, electric arc and induction furnaces, wind generation systems and others
- Feasibility and system impact studies for new generation, as well as help with interconnection standard compliance; SSR (Sub-synchronous resonance) analysis; and shaft damage due to torsional oscillations
- HVDC and AC transmission systems, transmission feasibility studies, reliability assessment, loss evaluation, cost analysis and preparation of technical specifications
- Insulation coordination of AC and HVDC systems, lightning studies, switching surge studies and ferro-resonance
- Power quality, D-STATCOM and DVR applications, flicker control, harmonics, active filters, co-ordination of fast response controls
- Detailed modelling and simulation of digital and analog controls with interfaces to PSCAD/EMTDC, Matlab and real time controllers
- Voltage sourced converter transmission, upgrading of existing AC lines, and transmission alternatives when new overhead transmission has a lengthy permitting process
- Variable speed drives, cyclo-converters, written pole motors
- Integration of wind farms into AC systems; reactive power requirements and voltage regulation studies using doubly-fed and stall-regulated induction generators
- Transmission line and cable modelling and studies; PLC (power line carrier) analysis
- Tri-pole DC research and application – Tri-pole DC is a new technology used to upgrade existing 3-phase AC transmission line ratings without any increase in right-of-way requirements.
As specialists in power system simulation, we can provide large and small providers with support in set-up and modelling of complex systems and controls, as well as on-site support when required.
Our highly qualified professionals are available to teaching courses and provide hands-on workshops dealing with topics such as VSC Transmission, HVDC transmission, FACTS, and Insulation coordination.