The E-TRAN Runtime Library for PSCAD contains the following models:
- Transformers (including impedance correction factors)
- Phase Shifters (leading or lagging)
- DC link (Back-Back and Point-Point, including built-in or external controls)
- Loads (constant PQ, current, impedance and RLC)
- Switched Shunt devices
- Simple transmission lines (PI section)
- Generator (simple source based on R,X source impedance)
- Measurement Components (fundamental frequency RMS V, PQ etc.. with online animated viewing)
All models accept the identical data required in PSS/E (ie RXB in Per Unit, Voltages in L-L, kV, RMS, 3 phase MVa…) and have been tested against the steady state results generated by PSS/E.
This library is required in order to run PSCAD cases generated by E-TRAN, but can also be used directly in user-built cases.
The library is compatible with PSCAD V4.x.
Download the E-TRAN Runtime Library for PSCAD
The E-TRAN Runtime Library for PSCAD contains models which accept the identical data as required in PSS/E. The library contains transformers, phase shifters, dc links, loads (constant PQ, Current or Impedance), switched shunt devices, measurement blocks etc..
The devices in this library have been tested against the loadflow results generated by PSS/E (see Theory->Matching the Loadflow).
This library is required in order to run PSCAD cases which have been generated by E-TRAN, and is compatible with PSCAD V4.x.
If you have purchased E-TRAN, then the Runtime Library for PSCAD is already installed. If you want to give a case (translated by E-TRAN) to another user or if you want to simply use the E-TRAN models in your own case, then you must download the E-TRAN Runtime Library.
After downloading the Runtime Library file, it should be unzipped and placed in a convenient location on your computer. There are two folders contained within it: the PSCADLib folder contains the PSCAD substitution libraries and the EMTDCLib folder contains the E-TRAN .lib files for various Fortran compilers.